The Berdan Building

Historical Elements The Berdan Building was designed by architect George Stafford Mills. This 4 story, 130,000 square foot warehouse building is located in downtown Toledo, OH. Mill’s design was based on the Richardson’s Marshall Field warehouse in Chicago, which incorporates large open arched windows underneath a grouping of three smaller arched windows. The Berdan Building…

Old Saint Mary’s School

Historical Elements Located in Downtown Detroit, the 5-story school house opened in 1868 and is one of the oldest Catholic school buildings in Michigan. The building also housed an orphanage and sisters’ residence. The school closed in 1966, the building then became the Saint Mary’s Community Center for a number of years. The 29,000-square foot…