The Berdan Building

Historical Elements The Berdan Building was designed by architect George Stafford Mills. This 4 story, 130,000 square foot warehouse building is located in downtown Toledo, OH. Mill’s design was based on the Richardson’s Marshall Field warehouse in Chicago, which incorporates large open arched windows underneath a grouping of three smaller arched windows. The Berdan Building…

Detroit News Parking Garage

Historical Elements Designed by Albert Khan, the 111,000 square-foot parking garage was built in 1924–25 featuring 200 parking spots. The five-story building with additional roof top parking is located in the heart of downtown. When it was con-structed, the building was enclosed with steel windows and wired glass. The parking garage was also heated, which…

Old Saint Mary’s School

Historical Elements Located in Downtown Detroit, the 5-story school house opened in 1868 and is one of the oldest Catholic school buildings in Michigan. The building also housed an orphanage and sisters’ residence. The school closed in 1966, the building then became the Saint Mary’s Community Center for a number of years. The 29,000-square foot…

Berdan Building—Toledo, Ohio

The historic 4 story warehouse was built in 1902 for the Berdan Company and is situated in downtown Toledo’s historic warehouse district. This building is a major part of the area’s revitalization and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. BlackBerry will be historically replicating and replacing (398) window units and (21) storefront and entrances.

The Elliot Building—Detroit, Michigan

The Elliot Building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is located in the Lower Woodward Avenue Historic District in downtown Detroit. This 6 story building with distinctive red brick and terra cotta holds great historical significance for the city of Detroit. BlackBerry will historically replicate and replace (62) window openings on the building.

Farwell Building

The Farwell Building was constructed in 1915 and is an 8 story commercial building located in the Capital Park area of downtown Detroit. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976. BlackBerry will undertake the process of replicating and replacing (4) storefront openings, a rooftop skylight and (475) window openings.